Where to play on Tuesdays in Summer

Posted on March 11th, 2011

There has been lot's of discussion (banter actually) regarding where we should play on Tuesday evenings during the Summer months. The options seem to be:

• Continue indoors at Sudbury. It's free but obviously limited to 5-aside format. It does help build up our funds

• Play on the artificial pitch at Alleynes. Facilitates anything from 5 - aside upwards, depending on how many turn up to play. It's a good pitch (except for the grazes) but it does not help our funds.

• Play on Marchington field. Obviously it is good for funds, provided we collect the money, which really shouldn't be a problem. We collect fees when we play at Alleynes, so why not when we are outdoors at Marchington? The field is a bit of a switchback, and it does tend to get fenced off...much to everyone's chagrin

Post a reply and let us know what you think.....
To respond, simply leave your comment in the box below. If the text box is not visible please click on "more" at the bottom right hand of this section.

Posted in not categorized    Tagged with no tags

11 Comments

steve proctor - March 21st, 2011 at 1:18 PM
either of the outside options for me, i wouldn't mind paying a bit more if it's at alleynes.....also i think playing outdoors helps us as a team, and you know i'm always right!!!
roy pelham - March 25th, 2011 at 11:44 AM
agree with Steve but would prefer Alleynes (less lilkely to get an injury)
Ally - March 27th, 2011 at 4:11 AM
Outdoors. Either Alleynes or Marchington is fine by me, but there are a few who prefer astroturf to grass.
Pedro Severosa - March 28th, 2011 at 11:18 AM
Totally agree with Steve...
Ian Morgan - April 1st, 2011 at 9:59 AM
I think good players can play on any surface so no real problem from my viewpoint. I suppose we must listen to the gobby midfielders who are always worried about turning their ankles to decide where we should play. This is the price we pay for democracy.
steve - April 6th, 2011 at 3:33 PM
lmao, it's only because the midfielders actually move Ian - you should try it sometime!!
Adam - April 5th, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Outside on our lovely village green for me!! I am worried that spending too much time in either Uttoxeter or a prison is bad for our health. Its had a horrible effect on me since leaving the village. Plus if its good for funds we can drink more at the Christmas Party!!
IAN MORGAN - April 7th, 2011 at 10:51 AM
I'm with Adam . Funds are improving and Christmas is coming this May so come on Santa
Graham Wray - April 8th, 2011 at 5:28 AM
Mix it up a bit to balance the funds, improve our team play and keep everyone happy if they have a preference about the surface. Personally I'll play anywhere but I fear my friend Mr Smith woud injure himself no matter where we played :-)
chris w - April 10th, 2011 at 9:18 AM
in order to retain what`s left of my ankles and knees i would prefer sudbury
Ally - May 14th, 2011 at 2:33 PM
After today's showing, the evidence for a move outdoors appears overwhelming.